Kissimmee Sex Crimes Defense Lawyer
Sex crimes carry some of the harshest penalties of any Florida criminal offense. If the legal penalties of heavy fines and the loss of freedom were not terrifying enough, convicted sex offenders also often face lasting social stigmas that can impact their ability to find housing, employment, and friendships. If you have been accused of a sex crime in Florida, the stakes are too high to go without the representation of an experienced sex crime defense attorney.
At Fighter Law, our sex crime defense attorneys in Kissimmee believe that every person deserves a quality defense, regardless of their alleged crime. We are committed to fighting aggressively for our client’s rights as we craft the best defense possible on their behalf. We understand how overwhelming being accused of a sex crime can be, so we will treat you with compassion and respect as we help you navigate Florida’s intricate criminal justice system. When you partner with us, we will thoroughly investigate your case as we fight for the best possible outcome in your stead.
Types of Sex Crimes We Handle in Kissimmee
The experienced and board-certified criminal defense attorneys at Fighter Law have extensive experience handling several types of sex offenses in Kissimmee and successfully defending our client’s rights and freedoms. While every case and its circumstances are unique, most fall into similar categories, including the following:
- Sexual battery
- Sexual assault
- Rape and date rape
- Luring of a minor
- Online sex offenses
- Possession and distribution of child pornography
- Child abuse and molestation
- Indecent exposure
- Statutory rape
- Failure to register as a sex offender
Regardless of your charges, our Kissimmee sex crime defense attorneys are here to help. We will work tirelessly to collect evidence and witness testimonies to corroborate your case and build the strongest possible defense on your behalf.
Penalties for Sex Crime Convictions in Florida
Florida does not take sex offenses lightly and typically penalizes those convicted to the fullest extent of the law. Some potential penalties you may face if convicted include the following:
- Tens of thousands of dollars in fines
- From years to a lifetime in prison without the possibility of parole
- The loss of the right to vote for convicted felons
- Involuntary commitment to a treatment facility
- A social stigma that can follow you for the rest of your life
One of the most lasting penalties for a sex crime conviction is mandatory registration as a sex offender. In Florida, registered sex offenders face severe limitations on where they can live. Their housing applications generally get denied depending on the area, and when they can find a home, they may be continually stigmatized by their neighbors. To make matters worse, registered sex offenders often have trouble finding and maintaining employment, making it challenging to live a normal life even after they serve their sentence. Needless to say, the penalties for conviction are far too severe to fight your charges alone.
Possible Defenses to Sex Crime Charges
The experienced and skilled sex crime defense attorneys at Fighter Law have defended various sex crimes and understand which types of defense strategies will fit your unique situation. A few common defenses to Florida sex crimes include the following:
- Innocence: This defense is simple and strong, asserting that you did not do what you are accused of doing. One way to prove innocence is through a strong alibi. If there is evidence you were not at the location of the crime, it will be challenging to prove your guilt.
- Mistaken Identity: Another common defense is asserting that you were mistaken for another person. Your sex crimes defense attorney may be able to prove this through DNA tests that establish you are a different person from the individual who committed the crime.
- Consent: Many sex crimes presume that the sexual act occurred without the consent of both parties. If you can prove you were given consent through your correspondence or a recorded conversation, this defense may be the best fit for your case. However, it is essential to note that minors can never consent to sexual acts.
At Fighter Law, our attorneys personalize every defense strategy to ensure our approach is tailored to the facts of your case.
Partner with an Aggressive Sex Crime Defense Lawyer at Fighter Law
If you have been accused of a sex crime in Florida, you do not have to fight for your rights alone. The talented sex crimes defense attorneys at Fighter Law are dedicated to fiercely defending the criminally accused and ensuring they receive the best possible defenses available. Every person has the right to a strong defense regardless of their crime, and we will fight tooth and nail for you to achieve a favorable outcome for your case. To learn more about how we can help you, schedule a free consultation today by calling (407) 344-4837 or completing our contact form.
Kissimmee Office Location
120 Simpson Road Suite B
Kissimmee, FL 34744
Office Number: 407-584-9036