Dating Violence Injunction in Florida
A victim of dating violence or the parent of a minor victim has standing to file this type of injunction. Dating violence means violence between two individuals who have or have had a continuing and significant relationship of a romantic or intimate nature. The petitioner must show that:
- The victim has been the victim of violence or has a reasonable belief that violence is imminent; and
- That a dating relationship exists.
The Court will consider 3 factors in determining whether a “dating relationship” exists:
- If it was within the past six months;
- If there was an expectation of affection or sexual involvement; and
- The frequency and type of interaction during the relationship.
To obtain or fight a domestic violence injunction, there are several steps you need to take.
Learn more about this statute here.